The Squeal

See You At The Pole

Adison Cummings, Staff

Arkansas High students came together at the Red Wall on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 to enjoy fellowship and worship together. The event, called See You At The Pole, is held either outside at the Flag Pole in front of the building or at the Red Wall, depending on the weather. See You at the Pole is all about coming together for prayer with fellow students to pray for the country, the school, or whatever the students need prayer for. The school provides donuts for all students in attendance. Once everyone has a donut, they gather around in a circle in which pre-chosen students sing a worship song of their choosing. This year, students Gracie Pendergraft and Kyra Tyous sang “Come to the Altar.” Once the song was over, a student read a scripture for the students, which was in the book of Ephesians, and was read by Sydney Blackwell. All students then divide into groups with one prayer leader. See You at the Pole gives students the opportunity to worship God in a school setting even tho we share different beliefs. This event can lead to new friendships because of the similarities each one shares. All different types of people from different cliques can form a new friendship, which is the best thing about an event like this.