The Student News Site of Arkansas High School

The Squeal

A Look at the Razorback Baseball Season

Dylan Adcock, Staff

The Razorbacks’ baseball season has begun! Everyone is excited about the new season. The coaches and players are practicing heavily after school every day, the fans are breaking out their chairs and sunflower seeds, and the students are getting ready to be rowdy in right field. The first game of the season was Monday, Feb. 27, 2017 against Lakeside. The Razorbacks played a great game and at the very end Lakeside came back and won 7-5.

The Razorbacks have entered a new conference and should be dominant this season against their rivals. The pitching rotation consists of: senior, Jake Johnson, the ace with a great curveball; Juniors Dylan Adcock, Austin Nix, and Matthew Mobley, all very capable of getting the job done; and sophomore Drake Browning with great velocity. Notable hitters for the Razorbacks are junior Wren Williams and Gage Gore both with great power, and sophomore Nick Vaughn.

This season the Razorbacks hope to make a run at the state championship. Coach Berry says losing some key seniors last year will make things a little challenging this season but with some younger guys stepping up they should do pretty well. Soon conference games will start and the Razorbacks will be on their quest to Baum Stadium. We wish the Razorbacks best of luck this season.